1. Mrs. Borne had her baby! On early hours of Monday, January 16th, Mrs. Borne had her baby boy, Evan. He was a big boy, weighing 8lbs 14oz at birth. Both baby and mom and doing well.
2. Snow! Snow! Snow! The students were all very excited when they arrived at school on Monday morning (and throughout the week). They just love the snow and had a great deal of fun out there with their friends. All our students impressed us with their great behaviour during this exciting time!
3. The iPads are Here and in Use! Our 10 school iPads have been loaded with apps and have been available to be signed out by the classes. We watched a number of lessons in which students were very engaged and excited about their learning! What a great tool to expand on learning and teaching!
4. Community Schools Programs. We had a couple more of our Community Schools programs start this week. Currently, we have Hip Hop, Basketball, Open Gym, Floor Hockey, and Peer Mentoring all happening at Bear Creek! Lego Robotics will be starting this week! We are so fortunate to have our students involved in such wonderful, active opportunities.
5. Intermediate Choir. Friday afternoon, Ms. Zarin hosted the first meeting for anyone in grades 4-7 interested in being involved in a Spring Intermediate Choir. Practice dates will be determined soon. If you are interested in being involved in the choir, please listen to future announcements and let Ms. Zarin know.