1. Our Terry Fox Run was a real success! The sun came out just in time! Our students put a lot of effort into their walk/run – depending on their grade. Not only that, they all had a great time together, running for Terry (and others). A big thank you goes out to our PAC for helping with the run and providing much-need water and freezies after the run! Here are some messages from a few of our students discussing the Terry Fox Run:
2. Mrs. Williams’ and Mrs. Uppal’s class are working hard to develop reading stamina. This means they are increasing the amount of time they can read independently. Currently, they are up to 22 minutes and 43 seconds of Reading Stamina! That’s incredible!!! Take a listen to Jesreen describing what they are learning:
3. Mrs. Iwagami’s and Mrs. Deamer’s class is working on Colour Theory. You can hear Austin talk a bit about Colour Theory in his message below – taken from his Colour Theory Journal.
4. Our Book Fair starts this week! It will be open every day from 9-3pm. Students are welcome to buy books at recess, lunch, and after school. They may choose to buy books during their library time (if they are in Kindergarten to Grade 4) as the library will be very busy at all the other times. Thank you to Mr. Holgate for providing this opportunity to us all! We love books at Bear Creek! Thank you to our parents for helping to set up the Book Fair. We have some wonderful students who will be helping in the Book Fair as well!
5. Our Open House is this week – Wednesday, October 3 from 5:30 – 7:00pm! We can’t wait to see you all there! I know the students are very excited to introduce their family members to their teachers.
We look forward to another wonderful week ahead!